This Labor Day, employees would prefer to spend the extra day off with a variety of celebrities and political figures, according to a new survey from The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
When asked about a dream day off, employees say they´d like to spend the day:
* Working on home improvement with Ty Pennington, 17%
* Cooking with Rachael Ray, 13%
* Playing golf with Tiger Woods, 12%
* Having lunch with Sen. Barack Obama, 12%
In the dream day off vote, Democratic presidential candidate Obama beat out Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain by a three-to-one margin.
The survey also found Americans have spent fewer than half of their days off this year (42%) on vacation away from home and just 9% on hobbies or enjoyable activities.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access