Unwinding ACA: Impacts & Implications
January 20, 2017, 10:21 a.m. EST 3 Min Read
An index of SourceMedia's comprehensive coverage of the Affordable Care Act and healthcare reform for professionals in employee benefits and healthcare.
- Health policy experts weigh in on ACA replacement efforts
Health wonks on both sides of the aisle debate the pros and cons of the GOP efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- Employers urged to continue ACA compliance as no repeal plan emerges
Republican leaders are pushing back a deadline on putting in place a replacement of the Affordable Care Act.
- Navigating compliance issues under Trump
From the ACA to fiduciary and overtime regulation, employers must consider how to handle this time of change and uncertainty.
- What Trump’s ACA executive order means for employers
The President’s action signals to the country his intent at replacing his predecessor’s signature healthcare policy. But companies shouldn’t change course just yet, experts say.
- Republican senator would let states keep ACA if they want
Republican Senator Bill Cassidy is making an offer to Democrats he hopes they won’t refuse: If their states like Obamacare, they can keep it.
- ACA sign-ups reach 8.8 million as repeal efforts start
Affordable Care Act sign-ups for 2017 coverage rose about 2.3% from the same time last year, as efforts to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care reform begin in Congress.
- Views How HHS Secretary Nominee Price’s plan could change ACA forever
With Trump’s naming of his choices for HHS and DOL, repeal and replace of the ACA could become a reality, explain attorneys Brian F. Higgins and Rhonda B. Schchter.
- Views 5 ways Trumpcare is likely to change employee benefits
Employers’ No. 1 question is how to position their strategy under the new administration, says adviser Craig Hasday.
- Employer, broker lobbyists maneuver on Trumpcare
American Benefits Council, CIAB, Big ‘I’ push Congress for workplace-friendly ACA replacement.
- Who owns healthcare reform going forward?
The Affordable Care Act was ‘born broken’ and needs a bipartisan solution to succeed, says lawyer Peter Marthas.
- Trump’s health pick Price grilled on healthcare investments
Democrats began a key hearing on the president's pick to overhaul the ACA by attacking his aggressive investing in healthcare companies.
- Trump order declares he’ll seek ‘prompt repeal’ of ACA
President Trump signed an executive order Friday commanding federal agencies to try to waive or delay requirements of Obamacare that impose economic or regulatory burdens on states, families, the health-care industry and others.
- Trump pick to head HHS grilled on ACA, stock purchases
Rep. Tom Price appears before Senate committee, pledges to increase consumer choice in coverage.
- HIT Think Why ACA’s demise requires a fresh look at business practices
Under any scenario that Congress pursues, consumers will take on a growing percentage of the cost of their care, and providers will be under pressure to streamline operations.
- Repeal of Obamacare could cut accountable care organizations
Cutting ACA would trim ACOs created under Medicare Shared Savings Program, warns Micky Tripathi.
- HIT Think How to adapt to any possible change in ACA
Healthcare organizations should assess IT maturity, as well as flexibility of processes and personnel, to nimbly respond to Trump administration’s adjustments.
- Replacing ACA—easily said, not easily done
Without replacement plan, unintended economic consequences could result, says Bruce Merlin Fried.
- What experts predict for Trump’s healthcare moves
Affordable Care Act a target for change or repeal, which could have far-reaching effects.