I'll always remember where I was when the news first came in, and I know you will too. Nothing since has been the same, and in the 3,000 days since, I know you've taken steps to protect your employees, information and facilities that you likely never thought necessary or possible on Sept. 10, 2001.
But as we've learned over the last eight years, the world changed irrevocably on Sept. 11, and we had to shift with it. Obviously, change is difficult under the best of circumstances, and is even harder when it's the result of sudden, horrifying tragedy. So today, I want to commend you on succesfully helping your companies accept and adjust to the new normal of a post 9/11 world and remind you to always stay vigilant.
Click below for coverage from EBN on creating and maintaining solid distaster/emergency preparedness and response plans.
* Starbucks displays HR values after tragedy
* News You Can Use: Five steps to crafting a plan for the worst
* Tip of the Day: Revisit, revise your disaster preparedness/response plan
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News becomes archived within a week of it being published
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access