A new survey from Work+Life Fit, Inc. finds 94% of full-time employees are willing to save jobs by changing or reducing their schedule, or taking a pay cut.
* 60% would take additional unpaid vacation days or furloughs.
* 48% would share their jobs with colleagues.
* 47% would take a cut in both pay and hours
* Just under a third would take a month or more unpaid sabbatical.
"Layoffs will always be a possibility. [However], it's not an all or nothing choice -- flexibility or layoffs," says Cali Williams Yost, CEO, Work+Life Fit, Inc. "Hopefully CEOs and others planning job cuts will learn that a 5% layoff can sometimes cost more than a 5% pay cut. All options need to be considered."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access