A new survey from Work+Life Fit, Inc. finds 94% of full-time employees are willing to save jobs by changing or reducing their schedule, or taking a pay cut.
* 60% would take additional unpaid vacation days or furloughs.
* 48% would share their jobs with colleagues.
* 47% would take a cut in both pay and hours
* Just under a third would take a month or more unpaid sabbatical.
"Layoffs will always be a possibility. [However], it's not an all or nothing choice -- flexibility or layoffs," says Cali Williams Yost, CEO, Work+Life Fit, Inc. "Hopefully CEOs and others planning job cuts will learn that a 5% layoff can sometimes cost more than a 5% pay cut. All options need to be considered."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News becomes archived within a week of it being published
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access