What does next year look like for retirement plan sponsors and participants? Heres an early call on what many experts expect to see:
1. Simplify my DC plan. A number of studies have indicated that 401(k) plan participants are comfortable with plans that have features guiding their participation and reducing their decision-making. Its no surprise that most busy participants would rather have experts making decisions for them about saving and investing. As a result, expect auto-enrollment, auto-escalation of contributions, limitations on loans and withdrawals and other retirement readiness plan design features to continue to spread throughout 401(k) land.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access