Commentary: EBN’s annual Benny Awards recognize excellence in the employee benefits/human resources field, with awards being granted to employee benefit or human resource practitioners directly involved in the management of employee benefit programs.
Please join me in congratulating this year’s Benefits Professional of the Year, Marty Webb, vice president of benefits with AT&T.
Among his many achievements include launching a holistic health and wellness program, boosting participation in the company’s 401(k) plan, implementing a financial wellness initiative, spearheading the implementation of a health care cost transparency tool and overseeing the largest Medicare private exchange transition in the country.
Yet he remains humble about his accomplishments, preferring instead to highlight the hard work of his benefits team, which he calls “the best staff in the U.S., in my opinion, and [who’ve] helped me be effective in the benefits space.”
EBN’s other Benny Award winners include:
- Benefits Leadership in Health Care: Greg Giangrande, executive vice president, chief human resources officer for Time Inc.
- Benefits Leadership in Retirement Planning: Ron Shaw, retirement program manager, Paychex
- Judges’ Choice: J. Brian Coleman, VP of total rewards and HR shared services for Dawn Food Products.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. Over the coming week, we’ll be profiling all of the winners in greater detail so be sure to come back and read about the accomplishments of these remarkable benefits professionals who work hard year-round on behalf of their employees.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News becomes archived within a week of it being published
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access