A recent report from the Department of Labors Employee Benefit Security Administration should serve as a wake-up call for plan sponsors to make the audit process and auditor selection a high priority, says the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
The EBSA review found that while 61% of audits fully complied with professional auditing standards or had only minor deficiencies under professional standards, the remaining 39% of the audits contained major deficiencies.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access