Releasing an advertisement about a job opportunity on the Internet is like shooting a bunch of arrows in the dark. There will be a rare chance that you will hit the perfect mark. Well, if the shooting has to be done in this way, why not broaden the horizon?
As our whole world is gradually going mobile, hiring candidates through mobile devices has accelerated leaps and bounds. Numerous mobile-friendly recruiting websites and mobile applications that simplify the process of job application have come up in recent years. And why not? It is easier to see a job, click on ‘apply’ and be done than writing a lengthy email or waiting at the recruiters’ office. As NPR reports, atleast 50% of their applicants apply using their phones.
Screening candidates through mobile recruitment is highly beneficial and only a silly HR person would choose to neglect it. Let’s consider some of the features of this new recruitment technique:
1. Dependence. Make no mistake about it. We use our phones for shopping, booking movie tickets, interactions, planning travel, asking questions, conducting research and much more. We are heavily dependent on our smartphones and our dependence is only going to increase in the future.
2. Convenience. We carry our phones with us most of the time. It’s very convenient to apply for an opening if all a job-seeker has to do is click a button. Not only does this save time but it also encourages more footfall.
3. Social media access. There is a different world altogether out there on social media platforms. And many of them are looking for a job or are unsatisfied by the current one. Integration of mobile recruiting software with social media increases traffic to manifold.
4. Attract top candidates. While most of the job-seeking candidates are the ones who do not have a job currently, there are many others who are currently employed but are either unsatisfied by their job or are looking for a better opportunity. These are the top candidates who keep a keen eye on job openings and give you the higher conversion ratio. Attract these ‘cream’ candidates through mobile hiring.
5. Better insights. With mobile recruitment software or cloud-based recruitment software, you get useful statistics and analytics that help in determining the ROI. Insights related to clicks, views, visits, social media conversation, applicant tracking etc. are easily available for scrutiny. These insights help in devising an ingenious strategy for hiring candidates.
Designing a strategy
Every HR professional should devise the mobile recruiting strategy keeping in mind the following three factors:
1. User interface. Different kinds of people will be accessing your mobile recruiting software. The strategy needs to be devised keeping in mind their way of usage. Some candidates will read the job description and apply. Some of them will want to find out more about the company. Some would prefer describing their experience in detail while some would prefer spending very little time on applying for a job.
2. Social media optimization. Is your mobile recruiting software compatible with social media platforms? Will you be using social media for promoting the jobs/software? How easily will the candidates be able to navigate between their social media profiles and the software?
3. Referrals. Referrals are a great way to attract candidates. The strategy should focus on how other employees can refer candidates and get the benefits. When candidates are attracted through invitations, the successful conversion ratio improves.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit News content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access