2. Do managers give their teams the time and space for self-care?
Managers are some of the leading drivers of an employer’s support network, Limeade research notes. However, Hamill points out, there can be challenges in engagement between managers and workers. However, these simple tips from Hamill can help improve a two-way wellness dialogue:
· Ask employees, “How are you?” Talk with employees about well-being and how to overcome hurdles
· Be a role model for well-being improvement by taking daily stress breaks, setting personal goals and sharing your progress
· Send frequent messages of support and encouragement (like thank you cards or recognition during team meetings)
· Across the organization, motivate workers n to schedule “micro-motion breaks,” engaging everyone to get up and move 1-2 minutes every hour