8 tough questions to ask your 401(k) investment adviser
1. Are you a fiduciary for the recommendations you make?
2. How are you paid?
3. Does the company you work for sell investment funds/products?
4. What professional credentials do you have?
Business people shakeing hands, copy space
5. What is your educational background?
Mid adult African American businesswoman is smiling and raising her hand. She is answering a question during a business conference or job training seminar. Professional woman is wearing business clothing. She is sitting with diverse colleagues.
6. How many years have you been an investment adviser?
7. What does your ideal client look like?
8. What happens to my business if you are gone?